Saturday, August 15, 2009

Almost Time!

Oh me, oh my! Gotcha time is almost here. We were just wondering how Tian's departure from his orphanage went. Did he leave a close friend behind? Is he already missing his caretaker? Is he excited? Or frightened? Wait till he sets his eyes on these Caucasians…
We have continued to pray for peace for each one of us during this emotional time. I should not be amazed at God's faithful answer to our requests. He brought us to China to unite with our son. How can we even doubt what the Lord will do for us while we're here? My point is that I am considerably surprised at how I feel right now. I am at peace! This is feels right! I am eager to hold my boy, yet wise enough to realize that intimacy may take some time. That's ok. We have a lifetime together.
We each deal with the anticipation in our own way. Chris is reading a Chinese magazine, China Pictorial, and listening to Johnny Cash on his Ipod. After reading Psalm 105 and a bit of 1st Timothy and humming "This is the Day", my way of dealing with my emotions is through typing them out. There really are no need for spoken words. I'm too busy whispering prayers from my heart.
Next post, we hope to publish a few pictures. Until then, keep Tian in your prayers. Our little boy's world has been turned upside down. We promise him that it will be worth it very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment