Sunday, August 16, 2009

We have Tian!

Words are not enough to express our feelings.  He is amazing.  Our meeting in our hotel room was calm, followed by a typical Shanghai meal (here in Beijing).  Tian ate heartily most everything he was offerred. As a matter of fact, I was unable to eat much as he eyed my food.  He smiled at us at lunch and it truly melted my heart.  Hand-in-hand, Mama, Daddy, and Tian walked back to the hotel.
 
All went well until we suggested a potty break and a nap.  He whimpered in my arms and drooled everywhere.  We were able to find some Chinese audio translations to reassure him.  After 20 minutes he decided that exploring a Spiderman backpack on the bed was more fun.  The cars and the books are favored the most.  Look out, Hannah, he doesn't want to share just yet either!  He continues to play with his treasures as Daddy and I try to interact with him.  He shares a shy smile every so often.
 
We are overjoyed and so thankful to God for giving us another child, one who is equally loved as his sisters.  He is perfect in everyway; he is absolutely gorgeous and seems sweet-natured!  Already, we know that he has Daddy's ears, the same cow-lick as the rest of the family, and a similar distaste of naps as his sisters.
 
Continue in prayer for Tian that he may not be frightened.  Pray for Chris and me as we strive to meet his day-to-day needs despite a significant language barrier.
 
Pictures will be posted tomorrow once we complete the "harmonious period".  I must go; I have a playdate with a handsome little guy who keeps peeking up at me with shy smiles. 

4 comments:

  1. I have happy tears in my eyes. So thankful that everything went so well. I looked at the clock at 10:31 last night and prayed for all of you. I can't believe that Tian is really in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa and Chris, We are so excited for you! Take in every second and enjoy this time! We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    We cant wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see pictures! We just got in from vacation and I logged right on to sneak a peak at him....but still no pictures! Can't wait to read more...I gotta go read the more recent post now. :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete