Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beijing History and Squatty Potties

Our morning began with our daily dose of home via Skype.  Both Hannah and Olivia were present.  Unfortunately, Hannah was feeling down.  We can tell that she is happy, but the separation is equally difficult for her.  All of our time is always spent together.  Say a special prayer for our girls.  Words cannot express the longings of our hearts.

Afterwards, we were off to the Capital Museum.  I wish I could say that I enjoyed this; I really did not.  Tian and I were scolded because he was making too much noise as he rocked back and forth on a bench.  This left a bad taste in my mouth.  He really was not being too loud.  I know...I have other children and I'm a stickler about behaving in public.  Oh well!

Daddy saw more of the squatty potties than anything else. Tian did enjoy taking the 6 escalators up and down and up and down and...

We believe that part of the honeymoon period is over.  Tian is learning what we will and will not accept.  He tends to weep when he doesn't get his way.  Naptime does not come willingly, but he REALLY needs it.  Poor Daddy, being the favored parent (for now), has to hold Tian during these meltdowns.  Daddy is such a trooper, but he could also use your prayers.  The stress of being the primary caretaker is a bit tiring.

As I type, Tian is crying in Daddy's arms.  They are lying on the bed with Daddy wishing for a nap for both of them. This is his third meltdown today. We are hoping for a better afternoon since one of my grad school buddies will be spending the evening with us.

We are enjoying this experience. Though, we must admit that we are in the middle of the process and are feeling a bit worn out. We are thankful that we are healthy, our girls are well cared for, and God is watching over us. Keep us in your prayers. We are ready to come home. His cries are weakening...I hope sleep is on its way. Even before I finished typing, the moans stopped and then re-intensified. Going to support Daddy! Goodbye for now!

2 comments:

  1. hey. we are praying for yall. can't wait for yall to get home.
    LOVE YA!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all - the girls and the daddy & the mommy!

    ReplyDelete